30 September 2008

Bridal Shower

My friends Melinda, Deirdre, & Jeanine organized and planned my shower, which was originally scheduled for Saturday, September 13, 2008. However, due to Hurricane Ike it was postponed and rescheduled for Saturday, September 27, 2008. A few days before the shower Melinda told me that she may not be able to come due to the aftermath of hurricane Ike, as the area in which they live was strongly affected and they were still in the process of cleaning up and assessing damage.
On the morning of the shower when Dee and Jeanine arrived to start setting up, Dee said, "Come here Grace Ann, I want to show you something" and out popped Melinda! I was so surprised and happy to see her that I cried! :-) It was a very nice surprise!



(Melinda wiping my tears! :-))




My Sister-in-Law, Lynn Bodin, also flew in for the day and was a great help in setting up and making pretty balloon decorations. She is also responsible for my lovely "practice bouquet" for the rehearsal :-)






Mother-of-the-Bride and Bride-to-be :-)




Jeanine (House Party), Deirdre (Bridesmaid), Me & Melinda (Matron of Honor)



Aunt Grace & Mom




Gifts..... Carl and I looked at our gifts together after the shower. We love everything and cannot wait to unpack and begin using it all! We are so happy that all of you will be a part of our marriage celebration......Thank you again to everyone!





The CAKE!!!! This was probably the best cake I have ever had! Jeanine picked out the cake and it was a hugh success! Everyone talked about it into the next day. :-)

1 comment:

Danette said...

You look so beautiful in your white dress! And happy, you look happy. Your mom looks FANTASTIC. She looks very healthy and trim. Tell her I send hellos.
Love, danette